The ideal candidate will work alongside our backend team and product managers to build innovative functionality and solutions. He or she will be responsible for developing API endpoints, architecting API responses and interfaces, and maintaining support for all web applications, mobile applications (iOS and Android), and affiliate applications and users that currently utilize our API.
- An experienced backend developer with extensive experience in PHP, SQL and Apache.
- Some knowledge and experience with SOLR, Redis, Python, shell scripting, and on a variety of platforms, including Unix/Linux, in physical, virtualized and cloud (Amazon/AWS) environments
- Experience with major PHP frameworks (CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Symfony, Zend, Laravel)
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other RDBMSs
- Expert knowledge in architecting endpoints and designing responses in JSON and XML markup
- Experience with supporting, debugging and working alongside iOS, Android, and web applications, including affiliate/third-party users of APIs
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Computer Science degree preferred